London Solicitor Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
There are specific rules for applying for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
This route is for:
- UK graduates who have been identified by Higher Education Institutions as having developed genuine and credible business ideas and entrepreneurial skills to extend their stay in the UK after graduation to establish one or more businesses in the UK; and
- Graduates who have been identified by UK Trade and Investment as elite global graduate entrepreneurs to establish one or more businesses in the UK.
You must be endorsed by either:
- UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) as part of the elite global graduate entrepreneur programme (Sirius);
- a UK higher education institution (HEI) if it’s an authorised endorsing body.
There is a limit (presently 2000) of Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visas approved annually.
This application is points based and has very stringent requirements which must be met. You will require 95 points for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) application to be successful.
You need all of the following to be eligible:
- a UK-recognised bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD awarded before your date of endorsement;
- endorsement from an authorised UK higher education institution or UK Trade and Investment issued in the past 3 months;
- £945.00 in savings if applying from inside the UK, or £1,890.00 if applying from outside the UK and you must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply;
- to meet the English language requirement;
- permission to remain in the UK from your financial sponsor if they're a government or an international scholarship agency and have paid your course fees and living costs in the past 12 months.
English Language Requirement
The applicant must provide specified evidence that they:
- are a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN.1.6.;
- have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;
- have an academic qualification recognised by UK NARIC to be equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English; or
- are exempt from the English language requirement under paragraph E-ECP.4.2.
The applicant is exempt from the English language requirement if at the date of application:
- the applicant is aged 65 or over;
- the applicant has a disability (physical or mental condition) which prevents the applicant from meeting the requirement; or
- there are exceptional circumstances which prevent the applicant from being able to meet the requirement prior to entry to the UK.
Please note that you will also need to pay the medical surcharge as part of an application for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
If successful, you can stay in the UK for a period of one year on a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
You can apply to extend this visa for one more year. The following requirements will apply and you must have:
- a new endorsement letter from your UK higher education institute or UK Trade and Investment confirming that you've made satisfactory progress in developing your business;
- at least £945.00 available.
There may be further requirements to meet depending on your specific circumstances.
Please call us for more information and/or advice on 0208 679 5100 or alternatively, on 07724 513 822 or send us an email to see how we can help you.
At MFI Law Limited Solicitors, our Immigration Solicitors are passionate about the work they do on behalf of their clients. They are able to deal with a wide range of matters concerning Tier 1 based categories. Whether it is an application for entry clearance or leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, our Immigration Solicitors can help you.
Our Immigration Solicitors have the experience and expertise to handle any applications concerning Tier 1 based categories. At MFI Law Limited Solicitors, we will endeavour to ensure that your application is prepared carefully in accordance with the relevant Immigration laws including Appendix FM and that is submitted to the Home Office in a timely manner.
How we can help you
For a majority of our immigration matters, we charge a fixed fee.
It is our usual practice to require any fees that are payable for work to be done on your behalf to be paid in advance before any work is carried out. This means that you must pay before any work is started, including applications that need to be submitted to the Home Office or for any appeals that need to be lodged with the First‐tier Tribunal.
However, we do understand that not everyone will be able to pay in this manner. That is why we offer flexible payment options for individual clients.
For a confidential consultation to speak with us about how we can help you about your immigration matter, please call us on 0208 679 5100 or alternatively, on 07724 513 822 or send us an email.
We are happy to discuss your immigration matter with you over the telephone initially so that you can decide before what you want to do or how you wish to proceed. If you are interested in seeking more information and/or advice and want to see us for an appointment in person, we ask for an initial payment on account of £150.00 to be made in advance to us after which an appointment is arranged with one of our Immigration Solicitors.
If you do instruct us and proceed ahead with the making of any application or appeal, this initial payment will be taken off the cost of the matter that we deal with on your behalf. However, in the event that you do not proceed and instruct us on any matter, then the initial payment will cover the cost of the appointment and will be non‐refundable.