London Solicitor Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)
There are specific rules for applying for a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa.
This route is for multinational employers to transfer their existing employees from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to their UK branch for training or to fill a specific vacancy which cannot be filled by a British or EEA worker.
There are 4 types of Tier 2 (Intra‐company Transfer) visa:
- Long-term Staff
This visa is for transfers of more than 12 months into a role that can't be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
- Short-term Staff
This visa is for transfers up to and including 12 months into a role that can't be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
- Graduate Trainee
This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate with at least 3 months' experience with your employer overseas.
- Skills Transfer
This visa is for transfers that allow people to gain skills and knowledge needed to perform their role overseas, or to pass on their skills to UK colleagues. You don't need to have been with your employer overseas for a set period of time.
This application is points based and has very stringent requirements which must be met. You will require 60 points for a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) application to be successful.
You can apply for a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa if:
- your overseas employer has offered you a role in a UK branch of the organisation;
- You are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland;
- You are over 16.
You must also have:
- a certificate of sponsorship reference number—this is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details which will be provided to you by your employer;
- an ‘appropriate’ salary:
- Long‐term Staff applicants—at least £41,500.00 or the ‘appropriate rate’ for the role (whichever is higher);
- Short‐term Staff, Graduate Trainee or Skills Transfer applicants—at least £24,800.00 or the ‘appropriate rate’ (whichever is higher);
- staff already in the UK on a Tier 2 (Intra‐company Transfer) visa or work permit issued before 6 April 2011—at least the ‘appropriate rate’;
- £945.00 in savings, unless your sponsor is full approved (A Rated).
The list of relevant posts at the appropriate skill level is set out at Appendix J of the Immigration Rules.
Please note that you will also need to pay the medical surcharge as part of an application for a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa.
If successful, you can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa as follows:
- Long‐term Staff (if you earn more than £155,300.00 per year): up to 9 years:
- Long‐term Staff (if you earn less than £155,300.00 per year): up to 5 years, 1 month;
- Graduate Trainee: up to 12 months;
- Short‐term Staff: up to 12 months;
- Skills Transfer: up to 6 months.
You can apply to extend the Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa for the shortest of the following options:
- the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days;
- the time needed to extend your stay to the maximum time allowed in the category;
- 5 years.
The following requirements will apply to an extension of a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa:
- You have the same or a similar job to the one you received your previous visa for;
- You still work for the employer who provided your certificate of sponsorship; and
- You still earn an ‘appropriate salary’.
There may be further requirements to meet depending on your specific circumstances.
Please call us for more information and/or advice on 0208 679 5100 or alternatively, on 07724 513 822 or send us an email to see how we can help you.
At MFI Law Limited Solicitors, our Immigration Solicitors are passionate about the work they do on behalf of their clients. They are able to deal with a wide range of matters concerning Tier 2 based categories. Whether it is an application for entry clearance or leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, our Immigration Solicitors can help you.
Our Immigration Solicitors have the experience and expertise to handle any applications concerning Tier 2 based categories. At MFI Law Limited Solicitors, we will endeavour to ensure that your application is prepared carefully in accordance with the relevant Immigration laws including Appendix FM and that is submitted to the Home Office in a timely manner.
How we can help you
For a majority of our immigration matters, we charge a fixed fee.
It is our usual practice to require any fees that are payable for work to be done on your behalf to be paid in advance before any work is carried out. This means that you must pay before any work is started, including applications that need to be submitted to the Home Office or for any appeals that need to be lodged with the First‐tier Tribunal.
However, we do understand that not everyone will be able to pay in this manner. That is why we offer flexible payment options for individual clients.
For a confidential consultation to speak with us about how we can help you about your immigration matter, please call us on 0208 679 5100 or alternatively, on 07724 513 822 or send us an email.
We are happy to discuss your immigration matter with you over the telephone initially so that you can decide before what you want to do or how you wish to proceed. If you are interested in seeking more information and/or advice and want to see us for an appointment in person, we ask for an initial payment on account of £150.00 to be made in advance to us after which an appointment is arranged with one of our Immigration Solicitors.
If you do instruct us and proceed ahead with the making of any application or appeal, this initial payment will be taken off the cost of the matter that we deal with on your behalf. However, in the event that you do not proceed and instruct us on any matter, then the initial payment will cover the cost of the appointment and will be non‐refundable.